Friday, November 27, 2009

Rest easy

It is after midnight, I very likely have to work tomorrow, yet I cannot compel myself to go to bed. I might be the worst person I know at going to bed. I wouldn't say I am the worst sleeper because once I get to sleep, I'm pretty good at it. However, I really suck at that period of time after you put it in cruise control for the night and before you actually fall asleep. For some reason, during this time, my mind decides to start going 100 miles an hour in any and all directions. I've mentioned on here before that I am working on writing a story with a friend of mine. Roughly 50% of all my ideas for that come AFTER I want to go to sleep. Sometimes I am smart enough to scribble these ideas in a notebook, usually they fade before morning. Occasionally, I use that period of time to write on this blog. I keep thinking of all I could accomplish if I could actually channel this erratic mind into a single direction. Additionally, this is all juxtaposed with my wife, who can literally say goodnight, roll over, and be asleep within seconds. There is certainly and enviable peace to that. However, I think it is these little ticks that make us who we are. So, rather than fight it, I'm going to go ahead and embrace it....and keep my notebook much closer at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment