Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Role Reversal

Today we witnessed the fastest, strongest turnaround in our relatively brief history as parents. For reasons not known to either of us, Everett decided that I was his favorite person on the planet and Meggan was as likable as a staph infection. It even got so bad that he cried and reached out for me any time she was holding him and I was in the room. The second I picked him up, he was completely happy again. This comes after 9 straight months of him not really giving a damn if I was a part of the household. Prior to today, I'm pretty sure if he could talk, he would have asked me when his real dad was coming home. I love Everett with all my heart, so it feels good to finally be liked. That said, the greatest part of this situation is that it is driving Meggan crazy. I mean...she REEAALLY hates it. While I know it is likely temporary, I'm going to enjoy it for as long as I can...or at least until I get tired of holding him all the time.

 Here is a picture of Ev happily climbing on me as Meggan longingly watches in the background....


No comments:

Post a Comment