Thursday, November 1, 2012

We Have a Problem

Things are great in our house, but they aren't perfect. I know perfect isn't really attainable, but we have a glaring problem staring us down. It isn't exactly a health issue. It isn't exactly a behavior issue. That said, I think it is some form of combination of the two. You see, I don't know any other way to say this, Amelia is a chronic farter. Now, I know some of you will get on me for sharing too much information about her bathroom habits. However, I'm not sure how you call them bathroom habits when she rarely does them in the bathroom. Also, I'm pretty sure she'd be proud I am sharing this fact. That is part of the problem - she is so happy with herself when she lets it rip. I've mentioned her gassy exploits on here before, but those are nothing compared to the last month or so. I can't tell you the last day I haven't heard her do it at least 5 blatant times (keep in mind I only see her for a few hours on school days). In case you don't hear her, she'll announce it with a loud "TOOOOT". If she has time, she'll do like she did tonight...make me think she is coming to sit on my lap only to give me a surprise crop dusting and run away. We've never shown her these things. We try not to make a big deal of it or encourage it with laughter.  Meggan and I have tried everything we know to get her to be more private, more polite, and frankly more selective on her timing. For our efforts, we were rewarded with a her grandparents letting us know we are raising the gassiest little girl around when we got back from our vacation.  I suppose it could be worse...like Everett....who barfs more than any baby in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment