Sunday, November 11, 2012

To the Rescue

Kids have a funny sense of self importance.  Each time Amelia reminds me of this, it makes me feel like we're doing a pretty good job as parents. I take it as my personal mission to make sure both of my kids feel like they could run the country or save the world if they so desired. I'm hoping this leads them to the ability to chase their dreams with the only concern being the task at hand and not the fear of failure. And besides, it really cracks me up to see Amelia offer to fix the toilet or figure something out for me because "it's really tricky"...and she does this all the time.  Thus, what happened tonight came as no surprise. She and I were sharing a bowl of cereal downstairs (by sharing I mean she saw me eating a bowl of cereal, walked into the kitchen, grabbed a spoon and started eating out of my bowl without asking) and watching Everett when Meggan yelled down from upstairs that she had cut her hand.  Before I could even respond, Amelia had thrown her spoon down and had started running to the stairs.  I told her to stop running and come back.  Her response...."Daddy, you stay here with Ev, I have to go take care of mommy."  Phew, thank goodness we have a 3 year-old savior. I'm not sure how Meggan would have survived the cut without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment