Wednesday, January 9, 2013

They're the Best

Kids are really great at so many things. They are hilariously funny. They are as sweet as could be. They are smart, silly, energetic, etc. However, the thing they may be the absolute best at is causing their parents to worry. Now, I can't even speak to teenage years because 1) my children are small and 2) I refuse to acknowledge the fact that my children are eventually going to be gross, little teenagers. So, speaking only for small children, I can safely say my kids have caused me more worry than anything else has over their lifetimes. I guess the kids got together recently and determined it was Everett's turn to stress us.  For reasons unknown the me, Meggan, or our doctors, he has decided that eating is overrated. He's never really been big on eating actual food without barfing it up immediately. But, now he's decided to trump that problem by refusing to drink bottles as well. So, this is a boy who went from killing drinks like an alcoholic on quarter beer night to shoving the bottle away and turning his head when you try to feed him. He doesn't appear to be sick. He acts healthy and plays all day. He doesn't even seem to be cutting any teeth. At this point, it just looks like he has made the decision that he is too old to drink bottles. I hope it resolves itself soon, but I'm not that hopeful as after tonight's attempt, he smacked me in the face and called himself a "grown ass man". I think taking his first few steps may have gone to his head.  If I catch him shaving in the morning, I'll know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment