Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day




Today was our first (and probably only) snow day here in Charlotte. Randall and I woke up at 6:30 a.m. to see a lovely blanket of snow covering our neighborhood. As I anxiously watched the news to see school closings, I was like a kid when they said my school was closed today. So, of course, Randall and I proceeded to go outside to play in the snow.
Clearly I cannot figure out how to make a decent layout on this blog with pictures, but I will explain the pics from top to bottom. We shall call the first pic "Amelia loses a snowball fight." For everyone reading this horrified, no bellies or babies were harmed in the taking of this picture. We simply smeared some snow on my belly and took the pic. We crack ourselves up.
The second pic is of our second snowman that we've made here in Charlotte. Some of you may remember our snowman from last year. She was about the same size. We were proud.
The third pic is of Casa de Barber covered in snow. It was just so peaceful and beautiful.
Now, the snow is almost all melted away, and it's just cold outside and it's beginning to sink in that this snow day is going to make the rest of this work week a bit more crunched. But it sure was fun while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment