Monday, December 28, 2009

Just like that, Christmas has come and gone. In so many ways, it seems like Amelia just got here and now she has already celebrated her first Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, it played out much more memorably in my head than in real life. Amelia recognized that it was Christmas about as much as I notice when Meggan is wearing a new sweater or as much as Meggan notices when I cut the 5 remaining hairs on my head. She had only a very slight interest in unwrapping gifts and even less interest in playing with the gifts once they were opened. So, other than the shiny bows she repeatedly tried to eat, Christmas was just like any other day for Mia...any other day with a LOT of food and a LOT of people around. I suppose even if it didn't live up to my beyond realistic expectations, she got a little practice at opening gifts so she'll be ready when her 1st birthday rolls around in under 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment