Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all the readers of the blog! We are visiting family this weekend, so the blog was/is going to be limited. I'll leave you guys with a short snapshot from my weekend. On the way down, I had one of those moments where you feel you are actually watching the movie of your life more so than living it. I was driving, Meggan was in the back seat of the car keeping Amelia occupied in her car seat. This gave me a chance to peek in on them in the rear view mirror while they had no idea. The car was basically driving on autopilot as I watched Meggan sing the Christmas carols from the radio to Amelia. She was all smiles. It was a brilliantly satisfying few moments for me to see my beautiful wife completely immersed in joy and laughter with my daughter. I am thankful to have been lucky enough to soak in that time rather than let it pass as it so often does. It was a great reminder to me of what this whole thing is all about. I hope you all take advantage of the limited chances you get to watch and appreciate as the snippets of your story unfold for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment