Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Date Night

Mia and I got to spend the evening together tonight because Meggan [insert drum roll to emphasize importance and spectacle] is hosting a dinner for 300 very important people [End drum roll before Meggan gets an ego about it]. Since we had the night to ourselves, we decided we would have a nice father-daughter date. I took Amelia to dinner where she absolutely destroyed a PB&J and to thank me, she bought me an ice cream...and then proceeded to eat it. So, her grand total for dinner - 1 PB&J sandwich, 1 order of mac and cheese, 1.5 cups of milk, 1 bag of Teddy Grahams, several bites of my baked potato, 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream with M&Ms. God only knows how she is only in the 25th percentile in weight. While I feel like I haven't seen Meggan in a week or so because I've been out of town and she worked last night as well, it was great to be able to spend some quality time with Mia. We ate. We laughed. I asked her tons of questions. She repeatedly said "nooooooo". I couldn't have hoped for a better date.

No comments:

Post a Comment