Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm a good dad......right?

I can honestly say for most of Amelia's 19 months, I have generally worked hard to provide the best I could for her. The most restful sleep, most nutritious food, toys that teach, etc. However, tonight, I really just didn't have it in me. I cast all of Mia's needs aside and took the easy road. Did I come home and cook her a healthy meal? Uhh, no. We went to....I'm ashamed to say...McDonald's. While there, did we opt for "healthy" options? Uhh, no. We got cheeseburgers and fries. Then, we gave a strawberry milkshake the two-straw, malt shop date treatment. I'm not going to go into details, but lets just say one of us doesn't know how to hold our liquor and ended up with a milkshake facial. Once we got home and I had a shot at fatherly redemption, did I take it? Uhhh, no. I gave Mia an apple to chew on for about an hour while she watched Sesame Street. She certainly loved every messy second of it. I just started to feel like I needed to put my headache aside and become a more active father. So, we switched from Sesame Street to a channel called Toddler Tunes, played with puzzles, and hokey pokeyed until we were both fall down dizzy. All told, it probably wasn't my worst night as a dad, and it actually was one of my most fun, but it definitely isn't one we can have all the time....or Meggan will kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment