Monday, September 20, 2010

Home Again

Well, my beach reunion is officially over. It was all I had hoped it would be. I was amazed at how easily we all fell back into place. There was an immediate sense of being back in college together - having a few drinks, competing at anything imaginable, and forgetting we aren't 12 years old anymore (which, coincidentally, recovering from the drinks and competitions served as a great reminder that we are indeed NOT 12). This weekend was filled with lasting memories - seeing screaming fire trucks blocking off the road as firemen sprinted to stop a brush fire from engulfing a house, watching 3 lifeguards pull up on their ATVs and dash into the water to drag a man to shore out of the harsh current, and screening the most disturbing, horrifically awful movie ever made...Human Centipede. Of course, as I mentioned on here, I missed Meggan and Amelia like crazy. Being one of only two guys there with a child, I think I was a little more homesick than most and I am certain I placed more calls home than anyone...but, considering what I left at home, could you blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment