Friday, September 23, 2011

My Little Reader

For whatever reason, Amelia has a fantastic memory for words. Now, I know you are probably saying all parents think their kids are great at everything. While that is generally true, there is plenty of evidence on here that she remembers all the words to several songs. Well, she also remembers all the words to the books we read. She must get this ability from Meggan because my memory works quite the opposite. I have a pretty good memory in general, but when it comes to words, I can't remember any song lyrics, jokes, movie quotes, etc. I literally don't know anybody worse at it than I am. Anyways, I provided this little bit of background to set up a story that happened on the way home from school today...On the ride home, Amelia had a book with her in the back seat and the following conversation occurred...

Amelia: I read you book, Daddy.

Me: Sure, Baby. I love it when you read to me.

Amelia: You ready?

Me: (eagerly awaiting my sweet daughter's recount of the story) I can't wait.

Amelia: (Opens book and stares at it for a second) And he said I'm making poop. Close the door! The End.

Me: (Not quite sure what to say) Hmmm, maybe we'll have to read that one together sometime.

Amelia: No, I read it.

Me: Thank you, baby.


Sooooo, I think it is safe to say that despite how I feel about her memory, I will not be allowing Amelia to show off her storytelling skills any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment