Friday, September 16, 2011

Second Fiddle

Meggan has been very busy with work this week, so I have been doing my best to keep Amelia entertained. We have had a few good daddy/daughter dates and I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I thought Amelia was enjoying our time as well. However, reality came crashing down today...little kids need their mom and dads just can't cut it. We got a call from school letting us know Amelia had been crying for a few hours since I dropped her off there. She was not only crying, but crying " I want my mommy". Meggan, being the great mom she is, put work on the back burner and picked Amelia up early so they could spend the afternoon together. I'm sure this doesn't completely reboot things, but it certainly seemed to go a long way....and it was clearly much, much better than anything I could have offered her. Sometimes, you just have to know your role.

No comments:

Post a Comment