Monday, January 2, 2012

Artist?

So, I know every parent thinks their kids are basically awesome. Well, I'm no different. Amelia does things on a daily basis that make me think she is clearly the coolest kid to ever walk the planet. I think this is a very healthy mentality for a parent. The only problem is it occasionally leads to a slightly skewed perception of reality. That said, I was pretty blown away by what I am about to post. If you aren't ...keep it to yourself and let me live my dream. In other words, thank you for not peeing in my puddle.

Amelia was coloring with markers today while watching Blue's Clues. They drew Blue (a dog) on the screen and then she told us she drew a dog. She brought us the paper in the picture below. At first, it only had the blue dog's head on it. Meggan and I thought she was BSing us and had somehow grabbed some old paper that someone else had drawn on. That said, we couldn't figure out how because Meggan had just brought the paper home. So, I gave her a black marker and told her to draw another doggy head. She then drew the black dog. I probably can't sell them to any museums just yet, but for a 2 year-old , I think they are pretty damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment