Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dinner Chat

Have you ever had one of those times where your kid says something and you start thinking they are so smart and have a really good understanding of things you never even knew they had heard of ...and then they say something that makes you realize they are basically just talking crazy and it just happened to coincidentally sound smart for a minute...

Meggan: Are you okay, baby?
Amelia: Yeah, I'm just thinking.
Meggan: What are you thinking about?
Amelia: Jesus
Meggan: Oh really? What are you thinking about Jesus?
Amelia: He was a baby out in the grass.
Me: Umm, yeah. He was a baby born out in a manger.
Meggan: What else?
Amelia: His mommy doesn't have any eyes. She just has round things.

Then later they say something that lets you know they may not understand everything, but they certainly do understand most things...

Meggan: Do you understand why mommy put you in timeout?
Amelia: Because I didn't keep my feet off the table.
Meggan: And what do you say?
Amelia: Sorrrrry
Meggan: Okay, please keep your feet off the table.
Amelia: You didn't want to put me in timeout?
Meggan: No, I didn't. Mommy hates putting you in timeout, but sometimes it's the only way to get your attention and get you to do what I want.
Amelia: (looks down and lets out a big sigh) Yeah, I guess you're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment