Wednesday, January 4, 2012

When Did Amelia Turn 8?

Over the last few weeks, Amelia has really started communicating on a much higher level. A part of me loves hearing her express herself (Daddy, you don't sing lullaby very good. I want mommy to snuggle me). A part of me hates being talked to as if she is 33 and I am 3 (she literally combats everything I offer up with a reason we can't do it or it won't work). A part of me is annoyed by her copycat ways(her new trick of repeating everything you say). And a part of me is concerned that she worries about everything (I know that last one is a bit ironic, but I can't count how many times she says "Be careful, Daddy" or "we need to slow down" when we are in the car). Having said all of that, I have to admit that no matter what she says or how I feel about it, it is amazing to see her grow into her own little person.

Here is a small excerpt of her apparently deciding to order for herself on our trip to the drive through the other night:

Drive Through Speaker: Order when you're ready.

Me (to Meggan): Do you know what you want?

Amelia (loudly from the back seat): I'm probably going to have a Happy Meal please.

Meggan: Okay, we'll tell them

Amelia (loudly again to the speaker): I'll have a Happy Meal

Amelia (louder): Can I have a Happy Meal please?

Amelia (louder): He's not answering me

Amelia (loudly one last time):
I'll have a Happy Meal

Amelia (flustered): He's not answering


After Meggan and I stopped cracking up, we were able to successfully complete our transaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment