Monday, May 10, 2010

Big Weekend

Amelia: So this weekend there is the NRA National Convention, Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin are coming to town, and the NASCAR Hall of Fame is opening.

Sophie: Wow, was the venue for the monster truck rally already booked?

Amelia: Somebody call Guinness, I think we can shatter the record for gun racks in one parking garage.

Sophie: I bet I can count the Obama bumper stickers on one nubby.

Amelia: Well, unless you count the anti-Obama stickers.

Sophie: You are wise, Baby.

Amelia: Of course, you never know, you are a member of the NRA and you voted for Obama.

Sophie: In all fairness to me, I am Chief Security Officer of this family so I have to pack heat AND at election time, due to doing zero research, I thought Universal Health Care would mean unlimited belly scratches for all of us dogs... color me disappointed.

Amelia: Don't feel bad, in a fit of baby naivete, I wrote-in Dora the Explorer.

Sophie: Well, she does have a good head on her shoulders.

Amelia: I just don't think this country is ready for a 7 year old Latina cartoon character to be president. If only Noggin had the same power as MTV when it comes to getting someone elected.

Sophie: We can only dream, Baby. We can only dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment