Monday, May 3, 2010

Recall

Well, as most of you probably know, there was a giant recall this week on a variety of baby medicines. As any parent would, we rushed to check everything we give to Mia. We found out that of the cocktail of drugs Amelia gets most nights, all but one were recalled. Thankfully I am cheap and bought a generic brand of Zyrtec or it would have been EVERY medicine she takes. Given the scope of this recall, I would assume many parents are in the same boat. Of course, I don't know how many of them have children that have had the chronic allergy, sinus, illness issues Amelia has been fond of bringing home. This recall has me feeling like not such a great parent. So, I have now dropped her on her coconut, complained about her being too fussy when she ended up having croup, and now stuffed her full of less than stellar drugs. For an encore, perhaps I'll take her for a swim in the Gulf of Mexico oil slick.

No comments:

Post a Comment