Saturday, May 1, 2010

Prom Night

At dinner tonight we saw two girls that were headed to Prom. Hopefully, by this point they are having one of the best nights of their lives...although, I assure you most of the best nights of your life do NOT start at the mediocre Mexican chain restaurant we dined at this evening. Anyways, seeing these girls naturally made us flash forward to Amelia's Prom night. It's always funny as a parent when you get these glimpses into your child's future yet they are basically just stories from your past retold new and improved. Thus, my visions of Amelia's Prom all include some great slow jams from the 90's. As Meggan put it, picturing her all dolled up makes you both happy and sad. I know Meggan is desperately looking forward to all the girlie things life with a daughter has to offer. So, spending the day getting Mia ready for Prom is probably the pinnacle of all pre-wedding day occasions. For me, I don't even want to think about some high school guy coming by to pick up my baby girl. I'll have to make sure he understands the severity of the ramifications of his actions. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to do that since I'll be nearly 50 at the time and I don't scare anyone now, but I'm confident I'll find a way. If not, I'll let Sophie handle it. Of course, she'll be 21 by then, but she's got spunk and quite a bit of fight in her - boys beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment