Thursday, May 6, 2010

Discovery

Today, while predominantly unremarkable, will be bookmarked and referred back to later in Amelia's life as the day she discovered trouble. Up until this point, Amelia really has been pretty well behaved and any trouble has been completely self contained - being fussy, throwing fits, etc. This time, it was different. She didn't actually cause any trouble tonight. There were no crayons eaten. Sophie still has all four paws and one tiny nubby. She even took her medicine without her head spinning around 360 degrees. So, what is it that happened? Well, she discovered a weapon of mass destruction - the flushable toilet. She's always been vaguely aware that there was a big, white seat in the room. Additionally, more than one roll of toilet paper has been reduced to a pile of fun on the floor. So, she's clearly known there was some potential going on in the bathroom. I feared a day would come in which Mia decided splashing in the toilet water would be hilarious or that she'd use it to test exactly how water resistant my watch really is. However, I hadn't planned on her finding the handle so early. Thus, I was met with great surprise tonight while I was getting her allergy medicine ready and heard the sound of the beginnings of a flush. When I looked over at her, she was already staring at me grinning as if she had hit the Powerball jackpot. With two hands firmly clinching the handle, she began to repeatedly tug. At this point, she doesn't seem to be strong enough to get a complete flush - which will totally blow her mind. So, I will enjoy this time while I can because I have a feeling it won't be long before I find Sophie swirling around in a porcelain pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment